Monday, February 6, 2012

School: hours wasted or wisely spent?

I don't know about the rest of you but it seems that every time I turn on the TV I am blasted by negativity, depressing predictions and generally doom and gloom. People are living below the poverty line, there is an alarming increase in the number of homeless and so many decent people trying to eke out an existence on next to nothing. What has this country come to? We are facing difficulties through no fault of our own. We have to stand tall and fight back with our minds. We need to keep our eyes and our minds open, question rather than blindly accept and the road to that is through education. Our heavy artillery is our qualifications! So...school, lessons, certificates,qualifications....arm yourselves kids. You need school now more than ever! From now on I want to see more passion for learning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Miss Anna said...

Although it seems that only Ms Anastasia and myself have something to say on this blog, I cannot not say something in regards to this comment. The Greek government seem to not want to see the youth of today be successful and to get ahead. It is your job, kids, to fight for the future that you have the right to. This can only be done by arming yourselves with knowledge and the proof of it. You teachers at MLC are always here to help you, all you have to do is ask.

IOANNA DENI said...

I completely agree with you Ms Anastasia and I believe that school lessons are wisely spent, also I would like to say to Miss Anna Maria that maybe the Greek government wants to see us inactive but we won't be. If it was in our hands we would probably have war now, fighting for our future. But it isn’t… Also, what knowledge you are talking about? This knowledge that school books provide? Have you seen them, lately, Miss? I don't think that our history lessons or our religion lessons will help us. At least, they won't help us through these books… Anyway our actions are unnoticeable yet, but it doesn’t mean that we won’t fight for our rights in the future. I hope to become, some day, capable to do what the woman did, in the video.
Have a nice day Miss!!!
Joanna Denis

polixeni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
polixeni said...

What I wanted to say is that we are the ''unlucky'' generation that must fight for the adults mistakes...It is sad because we are only 15 years old and we know that we won't have the brightest future.No matter how many cartificates we have it is very likely that we will be unemployed or our salary will be pathetic.So what is the future that we should fight for?I think it is meaningless.I know that you will say that we should not give up our tries but I also wonder what you would have done if you were us.As for the education,I agree with Ioanna,they want us to be uneducated,that is why they give us these books.